(That was meant to be a pun on “monkey around” but I’m not really sure it worked.)
I’d like to highlight a few things this morning for your general attention and reading pleasure, beginning with some blog links:
- Binkenstein is back! Yes, that Binkenstein. And he’s blogging over at Blogenstein, where you can find, amongst other things, parts one and two of his series on “The (Elemental) Cataclysm and You!”. He’s also explained how he went about modelling the beta Searing Flames talent in a spreadsheet.
- Zing is also back, though from a somewhat briefer hiatus, and is also thinking about Cataclysm talents. The elemental strategy guides have also resumed with posts on Festergut normal and heroic.
- While we’re on the topic of Cataclysm stuff, Pewter‘s also been contributing her own take on certain potential Cataclysm content, as well as thinking about dual wielding and the glyph situation for elemental.
- And of course I’ve posted a few thoughts on the topic myself.
- Meanwhile, Kazgrel‘s also been experiencing Ruby Sanctum while coming to terms with DPSing with a healer weapon. Dude, I just about never DPS with anything else. It’s cool, see? MP5 just tastes great!
Totem Recall podcast
The above-mentioned Binkenstein, Zing and Pewter as well as both masanbol (yes, that masanbol) and yours truly will be featuring on the elemental section of the raid warning Totem Recall podcast next week – a “shaman round table” – which should be a lot of fun and hopefully interesting to boot. It’ll be more interesting still if y’all contribute questions/discussion topics, which you can do in the comments here or (preferably as it means I don’t have to do anything) at the Epic Advice thread created for that purpose.
Yes, I’m allowed to say y’all even though I’m not from Texas. Shh.
Shaman community site
In the wake of the above, Bink and the Bloggers (sounds like a motown lounge act, doesn’t it?) are pondering the idea of a shaman community site along the lines of TankSpot, Shadowpriest.com and so forth. You can read more and contribute your thoughts over at the post on Blogenstein, where there’s also a poll for those of us who enjoy polls.
Less elemental than I’d like
And finally, the fire festival came to an end last night without any of my characters so much as glancing upon the vanity pets. That’s three characters doing Ahune every day, except for the weekend when my internet was down – but after that I brought my old druid out of retirement for a few days to do Ahune on him too, so it probably evens out. I figure it’s just as well really, as it’d have been a bit rubbish to get it on, say, my never-played druid when it’s Chayah who really wants her own pet elemental. For now she’ll have to be content with the occasional and brief appearances of Blaze and cousin Pound.