I LIVE! Yes, this may come as news to some considering my last blog post was nearly a month ago. I mean wow, time flies huh? And without any real elemental news or developments to distract me I’ve spent the time getting to grips with course work. Which is actually pretty good (for me) because I’ve really needed to get to grips with it in that time.
Leaks and other vegetables
Ah, you might say, but what about the leaked alpha stuff?! And if you were to say that, then I might say something like, what leaked alpha stuff? Just to be contrary, not because I’m actually not aware of it. That’d just be dumb. No, I’m aware of the leaks but choose to focus this blog only on information which has been released by Blizzard themselves.
When the beta rolls along and information starts to flow more freely there might be a lot to discuss, but I’m aware of just how quickly, thoroughly and totally stuff can change in the development process. And I’d rather not write a thousand words on a new talent or whatever only to find it changed in the next build and removed in the one after that, especially if it gets folk all excited and/or upset. You call it laziness, I call it efficient distribution of time!
Thar be content!
To make myself feel better, here’s a snapshot of some of the random interesting stuff that’s appeared in my reader recently:
- The ‘mental Shaman ponders the quick death of AVR and whether its appropriate to be smug about it, and offers up a thoughtful critique of the new battle.net Real ID plans.
- Larísa does these kinds of posts really well and I never comment. Here’s her most recent fascinating thoughts on how fans perceive Blizzard as a business.
- Vidyala tells the story of her new nickname, Blues. (This featured less augmented fourths than I expected.)
- Life in Group 5 talks about dealing with regression raiding – a great read for anyone spending a lot of their time wiping!
- The healer series at Monstarkin continues with a quick and readable look at how each healing class/spec goes about tank and raid healing, with a view to helping other healers understand what their teammates are doing!
- Wulfy from the Barrens Chat has got A’dal all figured out. I just have to quote my favourite line here: “Oh he’ll beam over for a hug and a cup of tea when we specifically ask him for a small favour, it makes him look like a big shot.” But can we really blame him?
- Are you a nightowl computer user? Kae has an interesting ponder on the impact of glowing screens on our natural wake/sleep cycle and a program that might help. And if the reason you’re staying up late is because you’re wiping on the Lich King, well, she can help with that too – in comic form!
- Razz made me look unintelligent in his guest post here about how we perceive people through their virtual representations. Thanks Razz!
I’ve been really delinquent about commenting on blogs lately – both others and this one – so apologies to all those posters and commenters who’ve missed out on my penetrating insight and razor-sharp wit. (You’ll be pleased to hear I’m still pretty busy.)
Hey, hats looks kinda like haste
The next post planned for this ‘ere blog is about the effects of haste on the elemental “rotation”, which will probably feature some stuff about single-target Chain Lightning and revisit the question of Lava Burst’s cooldown and filler spells. That should appear some time in the next week. I’d also like to ramble a bit about offhealing in 10-mans but by the time I have time the time that’s elapsed between the present time and the time that I have time will probably have resulted in a loss of inspiration. Also I really should finish off the stats series which I’ve only barely started even though I talked about wanting to do it back in January. Who’d have thought bashing out words onto the Internet could be so difficult?!