This is not an “April Fools” post, OK? No, seriously, it isn’t. Yes I know it’s April 1st, but this is just a normal post. OK? OK. Good. (But have you checked out Blizzard’s new EPEEN feature or the exciting new mobile games from battle.net?)
Also, I apologise in advance for all the pingback spam I am about to create.
Regulars here will already be familiar with The ‘mental Shaman, a recently inaugurated blog authored by pewter and focusing (obviously!) on Elemental Shamans. New elemental blogs make me very happy and good new elemental blogs make me very happy indeed, so seeing as this falls into the latter category be sure to go visit if you’ve not already.
Oh, you want examples?! Well how about a feature on Double Potting, an overview of gear options for your newbie level 80 elemental, some advice on levelling glyphs, or a great take on the Getting Started-type beginner’s guide? And if you like your reading to feature some variety then you will not be very disappoint, for there is plenty of opinion, rambling (um, I hope you don’t mind me calling it that, pewter) and deeper stuff to hold the interest.
And of course my little Elemental Links section down the sidebar still carries directions to other great blogs that are worth your time if you’re looking for some Easter reading!
Pick a healer, any healer
As she’s someone who actively and regularly plays all of the above I’m very much enjoying the series so far and looking forward to the next “episode”. It’s also nice to see it from the perspective of someone with a bit of a different playstyle to myself.
(Holy linkapulooza Batman!)
The other thing that occasions this post is mah spreadsheet, which has been quietly updated several times in the past month to handle patch 3.3.3 and some other stuff. As always there’s a full changelog over at EJ, but the main stuff to highlight is:
- Fully 3.3.3 compliant, of course!
- You can now select the Ashen Verdict ring‘s proc in the items area
- New, more complete professions comparison list on the Trinkets & Procs tab
- A spell information box on the Calculators tab that tells you cast times, DoT durations, et cetera for whatever combination of haste buffs you select.
There are also a few fixes and changes such as:
- Phylactery trinkets’ internal cooldowns have been adjusted thanks to new information
- The haste DEP stuff is a bit cleverer and more reliable (hopefully)
- The DEP for Berserking and Hyperspeed is now pulled from the super-ultra-advanced (well, moderately advanced) formulator rather than just a silly average number
- Various other small improvements “under the hood”
As always you can download the latest version here or even here: