I’ve completed the major revision of the ZAP! spreadsheet that I’ve been working on, and it’s now fully up-to-date for patch 3.3.2. The entire guts of the thing have been rewritten and a lot of new features have been added, some old ones changed, and others have gone altogether (at least for now). The user guide is not yet updated and I will hopefully get that sorted tomorrow.
Until then, the new version is 1.2.1 and these are the download links:
Both versions now ship in .zip file for various exciting reasons.
Note that some of the default settings have changed: most trinkets now proc slightly more often and miss chance/partial resists are on by default. Also, some stuff has been moved around: trinket DEP has moved to the new Trinkets tab and the Compare Things Thingy is on the new Calculators tab along with ratings converters, a haste calculator and normalised EP. In addition to this, there’s a so-called Snapshot tab to provide a window on what rotations the spreadsheet is using to work out DPS.
The main additions are an enhanced model including fire totems, multiple targets (AoE) and more haste effects (berserking, hyperspeed accelerators) – all of which are, naturally, fully accounted for in DEP calculations!
Ultimately it’s meant to be a lot more accurate and powerful than the last release as well as being fully up-to-date for patch 3.3.2, so please let me know what you think of the changes.
Full, er, “patch notes” (what? 😦 ) are after the clickthrough.
- DPS and DEP calculators entirely redesigned. They now pseudo-simulate a full “rotation”.
- Chain Lightning can now be used on cooldown if desired. You can still elect not to use it during EM/Heroism. Note that the setting for EM use applies to trolls’/engineers’ abilities too.
- Fire totems:
- Fire Elemental totem is now fully modelled based on data from the EnhSim project (thanks especially to Levva for this). As it gets some benefit from STR/AGI and AP, there are now stat/buff options for this. Please note that shortcomings in the model are my own fault and not EnhSim’s.
- Searing and Magma totem are also fully modelled.
- “Placement time” advanced option increases the amount of time spent “casting” fire totems, e.g. if you have to run into melee range and back.
- “Time on target” can be reduced if you think your fire totem(s) will be out of range or not attacking for a portion of the fight.
- You can now select your race and profession bonuses in the buffs menu.
- Hyperspeed Accelerators and Berserking now fully modelled.
- Uptime for these and Elemental Mastery can now be toggled between “actual” and “smooth”. The latter models uptime as duration/cooldown*fightlength and the former determines exactly how many seconds they would be active for if you used them on cooldown every cooldown given the fight duration.
- Limited “Cleave”-style AoE modelling
- Selecting Chain Lightning, Fire Nova, Magma Totem or Fire Elemental Totem plus more than one target will generate additional damage based on number of targets.
- The model is rudimentary at present and does not properly affect Clearcasting or spell priorities.
- Debuffs selected will be applied to all targets.
- You can now see a “snapshot” of the “rotations” the spreadsheet is using to work out your DPS. My hope is that this may be helpful for new players, as one of the most helpful things to me early in WotLK was going under the hood of SEIC and seeing how it constructed its “rotation”.
- Flame Shock‘s duration and Elemental Mastery‘s cooldown, as affected by set bonuses and stuff, are now displayed near the set bonuses themselves.
- Enhanced movement modelling. This is mostly only relevant to so-called “advanced” users, but here’s the overview:
- “Movement per LvB” advanced setting works similar to the old “Rotation delay”, only now the calculator can cast spells (frost shock, fire nova or both) during “movement” if allowed by the options.
- Spell damage can now be universally modified by the “Deflate spells” advanced option. You can use this to reduce the damage done by all spells of a certain type.
- Reducing Lightning spells affects both LB and CL and will also reduce the number of Lightning spells factored in to 2t10 EM cooldown calculations.
- Reducing “AoE” spells affects the primary hit of CL as well as subsequent ones. Sorry.
- Some default options have changed:
- Miss chance and partial resists – now turned ON by default. Now also apply to DEP calculations.
- “Cast delay” is now an Advanced Option. Still set to 0 by default. I hope to model latency and reaction time better in a future build.
- Trinket proc setting is now at 55 seconds instead of 60. I may do a proper uptime model for every trinket later.
- “Rotation delay” is redesigned into the new movement stuff.
- Trinket, racial, profession and potion DEPs are now on a separate tab.
- Reign of the Dead/Unliving trinkets are now included in DEP calculations, if selected.
- Haste DEP no longer has freaky dips and peaks at certain values. Instead the spreadsheet performs two separate calculations for haste DEP and selects the most reasonable one to use. This should eliminate most “haste anomalies” from DEP, though not from DPS.
Stuff that’s gone which might come back later
- Black Magic DEP
- Encounter statistics
Stuff I still want to add
- Short term: Pawn and Wowhead loot rank links
- Long term: Complicated new latency model
As ever, feedback is most welcome especially in some specific areas!