Elemental, Shaman, Theorycraft, WoW

Elemental: Co-efficients

Current to patch 3.3.2.

Another boring post today, for the purpose of collating onto the Internet some of the information I’ve got squirreled away.  Most of this sort of information comes from the hard work and dedicated math-fu of the Elitist Jerks shaman forum community.  There’s also a lot on co-efficients in particular on WoWWiki, but unfortunately much of that is out of date.

A spell’s co-efficient is how much of your spellpower is applied to the damage of the spell.  It’s calculated by dividing base cast time in seconds by 3.5 (the “standard” cast time), where the minimum cast time is 1.5 (thus also used by anything that takes less than 1.5s, such as instants) and the maximum is 7.  Any additional effects such as snares each apply a 5% penalty.

Lightning Overload’s spells receive precisely half the co-efficient of the “parent” spell, but are modified to the full effect by the Shamanism talent.

Generally if a talent says it increases the amount of “your bonus damage effects” that apply to a spell, it’s a direct additive co-efficient bonus.  If it increases the “damage done”, it’s a flat multiplicative boost to the final damage output of the entire spell.

Spell Base Co-efficient Additional Effects
Lightning Bolt 71.43% Shamanism adds +20% directly to the co-efficient for a total of 91.43%
Lightning Overload LB 35.71% Gains the full 20% benefit from Shamanism, total 55.71%
Chain Lightning 57.14% Shamanism adds +20% directly to the co-efficient for a total of 77.14%
Lightning Overload CL 28.57% Gains the full 20% benefit from Shamanism, total 48.57%
Lava Burst 57.14% Shamanism adds +25% directly to the co-efficient for a total of 82.14%Glyph of Lava adds another 10% for a total of 92.14%.
Flame Shock Hit: 21.40%Tick: 10.00% Co-efficient unaffected by any talents/glyphs.
Frost Shock 38.57%* Co-efficient unaffected by any talents/glyphs.
Earth Shock 38.57%* Co-efficient unaffected by any talents/glyphs.
Five Nova 21.43% Co-efficient unaffected by any talents/glyphs.

*Based on this page at WoWWiki and consistent with instant cast + 2*5% effect penalty, but not confirmed.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: